Blue Dot Jawfish designated home?

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!
I pre made a burrow with pvc pipe so that the bsjf would live in a spot I could view him. Worked out pretty well.

yauie6347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one and he is moving my frags around. I’m looking to rehome him unfortunately. Let me know if you’re interested.

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
search for alternative reef wrasse den. they made these when they were in business years ago. you may post a want to buy or search for one.

OP
OP
Avocaadotoast

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one and he is moving my frags around. I’m looking to rehome him unfortunately. Let me know if you’re interested.
I appreciate it! I'm still in the process of setting up my tank, so it'll be awhile, but if you still have it a little later down the line then ill definitely send you a PM!

OP
OP
Avocaadotoast

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score