Blue Dot Jawfish designated home?

Avocaadotoast

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
66
Location
Manchester, NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!
 
So I love the look of the Blue Dot Jawfish, and I'm trying to think of a way to have it in my upcoming 60g cube build. The problem is, I have only planned to have about a 2 inch sand bed in my tank. I was wondering if it's possible to sort of set up a little area, I'm thinking almost like a "bowl" shape made with rocks, with an overhang above it, that would have 6 inch deep sand contained within its bowl-like structure, so that the Jawfish would have a deep enough area to burrow. If this is possible, how big of an area would this little home need to be? If it's not possible then I'll move on, as I want to make sure all the fish in my tank are comfortable, but just thinking about any ways possible!
I pre made a burrow with pvc pipe so that the bsjf would live in a spot I could view him. Worked out pretty well.
 
I got one and he is moving my frags around. I’m looking to rehome him unfortunately. Let me know if you’re interested.
 
search for alternative reef wrasse den. they made these when they were in business years ago. you may post a want to buy or search for one.
 
I got one and he is moving my frags around. I’m looking to rehome him unfortunately. Let me know if you’re interested.
I appreciate it! I'm still in the process of setting up my tank, so it'll be awhile, but if you still have it a little later down the line then ill definitely send you a PM!
 
search for alternative reef wrasse den. they made these when they were in business years ago. you may post a want to buy or search for one.
I didn't know those existed, some of those shapes would be perfect, thanks so much!
 
Here’s what I did
 

Attachments

  • 30FA066D-6E7E-4BD0-992B-DC416E01B1A0.jpeg
    30FA066D-6E7E-4BD0-992B-DC416E01B1A0.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 94
When introducing the bsjf I put him in a glass jar and placed the opening to where the pvc tube was and he swam right in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new