Blue Face Tri Color Scopas tang

chuckfu5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

I’m excited to see where he ends up.

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

IMG_1130.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

Tricolour Scopas tangs tend to change colour regularly. They can be brought as a beautiful specimen and then randomly go back to being a normal scopas or even gain more colour. Not much is known about this mutation however it’s likely to be a virus that doesn’t harm the fish.

Mowen44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beauty fish! How much did you pay and where did you get him?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back