Blue Face Tri Color Scopas tang

chuckfu5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
418
Reaction score
221
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

I’m excited to see where he ends up.

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

IMG_1130.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg
 
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

I’m excited to see where he ends up.

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

IMG_1130.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg
Tricolour Scopas tangs tend to change colour regularly. They can be brought as a beautiful specimen and then randomly go back to being a normal scopas or even gain more colour. Not much is known about this mutation however it’s likely to be a virus that doesn’t harm the fish.
 
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

I’m excited to see where he ends up.

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

IMG_1130.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg
Beauty fish! How much did you pay and where did you get him?
 
Poor think looks like the victim of a cartoon explosion.
 
if you ever think of selling it, let me know.
 
any updates on the colours?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new