Blue grundeon dartfish with other dartfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaxM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MaxM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Messages
212
Reaction score
129
Location
MD
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a solitary bg dartfish. I'd like to buy a couple more but can't find any currently.

Would my bg dartfish hang out with zebra or sissortail dartfish if I added those?
 
Following as have zebra dart-fish pair I’m considering adding a blue grundeon to….
 
In my experience, most, if not all dartfish species will co-exist peacefully and even school together. I have personally kept scissortails and zebras together no issue, but a friend of mine has a school of them with two of every commonly available species.
FIREfish are a different story, they are far more solitary and territorial. Usually you want to limit them to 2 per tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new