Blue linckia

fletcher2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting a Blue Linckia for a long now I've been doing alot of research on them. I have found alot of people say their impossible to keep more then a few months. I was wondering if anyone here has had any look with them and what you have figured out to feed them.

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have experienced that they are a 6 month invert. Its hard to keep them some have had luck with large sump systems.

gilmour01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had mine about a year. i fed it pieces of frozen formula 1 & 2, but even with that it still slowly wasted away.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine about two years, I don't target feed it anything. It seems to be as healthy and strong as when I got it, and it always climbs all over everything...and really moves around a lot. I ordered mine from liveaquaria if that matters to you or not.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is going on two years now and it seems to be very hardy ime. I have had very good luck with it from the beginning....maybe I'm lucky. I love it and it is a great addition to my sps tank. Just get it from a good online source and/or lfs. I would go for it if you really want one. They have come way down in price over the past several years, which helps too.

HTH

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The1st one I had died within a few months the 2nd one I tried lived for 3yrs Im on my 3rd now and Ive had it a lil over a yr.

OP
OP
F

fletcher2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i might try one i was going to buy it threw live aquaria they seem to have the best prices on alot of things and the blue linckias are only $8 i guess its worth a shot i think there the best looking reef friendly one out there

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it....you'll be happy you did. I love mine and if it did die I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Just take you time acclimating it. I did a 4-hour drip acclimation, removing 20% of the water every 20-30 minutes, etc.

BTW: Blue Zoo Aquatics (online) has some great ones too.

GL

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from liveaquaria, they have nice stuff...I floated it and then place the starfish in a bucket with half of his shipping water. I added a shot of tank water to the bucket every 5 minutes for about an hour, then discarded half that water, then continued to add a shot of tank water to the bucket every five minutes for about another half hour. Then I took him out the bucket and layed him in a safe lowcurrent place on the bottom, within 20 minutes he was gone but showed up about a week later and now he is out all the time. Been going two years strong ;)

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have kept them for several years- how large are your tanks?

Thanks,
CJ

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 gallon mixed, w/90 gal sump. Started with him in a 29 though

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back