Blue mandarin and lawnmower blenny compatibility

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my blue mandarin for a while long enough that he went from a tiny little less than a half inch to about 2”. Till now I’ve never seen any of my fish give him any kind of trouble. ( not even my ****** coral beauty who thinks he’s the boss of the tank. He’s not) but a bit ago I was feedIng. my fish and i noticed him and my lawnmower blenny squaring off. No real violence but lots of fin on display especially from my mandarin.

anyone else have this kind of experience before?
 
I’ve had those two together with no issues
 
I've had both in the same tank before with zero issues.
Many fish will display fin flaring when other fish get to close, but it's usually harmless. It's more of a warning to the other fish to keep the distance.
 
I have the two together with no issues
Blenny was added after Mandarin
 
I have a mandarin and a lawnmower blenny in my tank currently and they have never shown any aggression at all towards each other. Or anyone else now that I think about it.
 
I just got a Lawnmoweer Blenny a few weeks ago. I want to get a Mandarin as well at some point. My blenny is a major bully. Chases all the fish, thinks he owns all the rock work. I have been worried since then that he might not do well when I get a Mandarin. This gives me a "little" more faith. I'm just worried since they are so similar in hunting areas and body shapes.
 
I just got a Lawnmoweer Blenny a few weeks ago. I want to get a Mandarin as well at some point. My blenny is a major bully. Chases all the fish, thinks he owns all the rock work. I have been worried since then that he might not do well when I get a Mandarin. This gives me a "little" more faith. I'm just worried since they are so similar in hunting areas and body shapes.
If you want a mandarin, I highly recommend getting one of the biota tank bred ones.
 
I always go for tank or aqua cultured if at all possible. Rather pay a few extra bucks and get a fish more acclimated to tank life.
Agreed. also biota mandarins are tiny when you get them. So it might be a while before you actually get to see your mandarin, depending on your tank size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new