Blue Reef Chromis Spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsumner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rsumner

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
480
Reaction score
538
Location
Lakeway, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus)) are the coolest fish I’ve seen during spawning. I’m assuming it’s the female that changes color, but I guess it could be the male. (Comments please). She instantly turns bright blue (almost white) on the bottom side of her body and paces the tank feverishly. She combs the sand and coral. Her body color can turn back to dark blue instantly and then back to light blue again.
It’s impressive.

 
Last edited:
Your tank is amazing. So is the chromis. It looks larger than a typical green chromis. If and when I upgrade I would like to get a shoal of them.
 
My blue-green Chromis spawn all the time as do my clowns. I remember when I got into the hobby in 76 and the thought of a breeding pair was only a dream. Now people excitedly ask me if I’m doing anything to raise the babies and my thought is always that is way too much work. LOL
 
Your tank is amazing. So is the chromis. It looks larger than a typical green chromis. If and when I upgrade I would like to get a shoal of them.

Thanks. I bought 6 of them and they were all pretty large when I got them. I'm down to 3 now. I imagine if I had a larger tank than the 5ft tank I have, more would have made it. I think it's two females and one male due to the aggression I see.
 
My blue-green Chromis spawn all the time as do my clowns. I remember when I got into the hobby in 76 and the thought of a breeding pair was only a dream. Now people excitedly ask me if I’m doing anything to raise the babies and my thought is always that is way too much work. LOL

Same here. It's the Chromis and the Clown fish constantly spawning creating havoc in the tank. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new