Blue Sapphire Damsel Compatibilty

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction score
53
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! This is my first ever post here, but I’ll just get straight to the point. My current tank is a 25 gallon lagoon that is home to a fire fish a few more fish that aren’t really to important to the topic. I’ve seen many people say that the sapphire damsel isn’t aggressive at all, so would it be appropriate to house it with such a timid species like the fire fish?
 
they are peaceful and I think it would be a great addition to your tank. In my experience damsels don't really go after firefish (if you have multiple damsels I see them fight each other more) however your mileage may vary.
 
I have a 2 inch sapphire and he's pretty peaceful. He will occasional nip at a couple smaller yellowtails if they get in his face , but he's otherwise behaved.
 
Is the azure damsel or the yellowtail any less aggressive than the sapphire?
I have a 2 inch sapphire and he's pretty peaceful. He will occasional nip at a couple smaller yellowtails if they get in his face , but he's otherwise behaved.
 
Be careful not to put too many fish in such a small tank. Overpopulation not only decreases water quality but also increases aggression issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new