Blue spot Jawfish

nsauer3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How should I take care of a blue spot jaw fish? Does anyone have any tiles and tricks for me. How much sand should I have, what should I use to feed it? I don’t have one yet but it’s on my bucket list. One thing I do have concerns about is the temperature the fish has to be at. I heard it has to be around 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Is that true or could I go a little warmer like high 70s or low 70s?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably have about 2" of sand, and they like a natural or artificial cave. You can create one with a slurpee lid by coating the outside in glue and covering it in sand and small rocks (that leaves space for their body and allows them to poke their head out).

60 degrees sounds off, but I'll let someone else weigh-in on the temperature aspects.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably have about 2" of sand, and they like a natural or artificial cave. You can create one with a slurpee lid by coating the outside in glue and covering it in sand and small rocks (that leaves space for their body and allows them to poke their head out).

60 degrees sounds off, but I'll let someone else weigh-in on the temperature aspects.
Or glass bottles! dark glass ones with mortar, shells, barnacles, rubble. It's cool seeing their heads poke out of the bottles :D

Back