Blue spot Jawfish

nsauer3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2022
Messages
38
Reaction score
16
Location
Long Grove
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How should I take care of a blue spot jaw fish? Does anyone have any tiles and tricks for me. How much sand should I have, what should I use to feed it? I don’t have one yet but it’s on my bucket list. One thing I do have concerns about is the temperature the fish has to be at. I heard it has to be around 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Is that true or could I go a little warmer like high 70s or low 70s?
 
You should probably have about 2" of sand, and they like a natural or artificial cave. You can create one with a slurpee lid by coating the outside in glue and covering it in sand and small rocks (that leaves space for their body and allows them to poke their head out).

60 degrees sounds off, but I'll let someone else weigh-in on the temperature aspects.
 
You should probably have about 2" of sand, and they like a natural or artificial cave. You can create one with a slurpee lid by coating the outside in glue and covering it in sand and small rocks (that leaves space for their body and allows them to poke their head out).

60 degrees sounds off, but I'll let someone else weigh-in on the temperature aspects.
Or glass bottles! dark glass ones with mortar, shells, barnacles, rubble. It's cool seeing their heads poke out of the bottles :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new