Blue Spot & Pearl Jawfish

IDK if i would put a jaw fish in a 20 long, esp one that cost 129.99
 
I would say no to that situation. They probably could but 2 different variations of the same animal...they could fight. If you are going to do anything with jawfish, 2 pearlies would do excellent as a couple. I had 2 in a tank for a couple months, went great until one found a hole in the top of the tank. :( Cover the top and you should do fine. They would burrow together and make their sand home all day, was a very fun site to see. One would be at the first entrance, standing guard, and the other one would be at the backside entrance, sooo halarious to see. :)

One point about the bluespot, yes they are VERY expensive for what they are, but not worth the risk in such a small tank with the same type of animal.
 
I kinda had that feeling but wasn't sure. Thanks for the response. I do have 2 pearls in there now and they get along fine. This is the only tank I have that is completely covered. All the others are semi opened
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new