Blue Spot & Pearl Jawfish

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say no to that situation. They probably could but 2 different variations of the same animal...they could fight. If you are going to do anything with jawfish, 2 pearlies would do excellent as a couple. I had 2 in a tank for a couple months, went great until one found a hole in the top of the tank. :( Cover the top and you should do fine. They would burrow together and make their sand home all day, was a very fun site to see. One would be at the first entrance, standing guard, and the other one would be at the backside entrance, sooo halarious to see. :)

One point about the bluespot, yes they are VERY expensive for what they are, but not worth the risk in such a small tank with the same type of animal.

OP
OP
Tankguy001

Tankguy001

Reef Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda had that feeling but wasn't sure. Thanks for the response. I do have 2 pearls in there now and they get along fine. This is the only tank I have that is completely covered. All the others are semi opened

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back