blue spot toby puffer aggression

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is meant to be a more funny post/funny question. My blue spot toby is the most passive ideal citizen in any of my setups, nobody messes with her she doesnt mess with corals and she doesnt mess with anyone ever, except me. This fish actually goes berzerk when I am anywhere near the tank, ive heard of clownfish jumping out after people to bite them but have you ever heard of a puffer doing it? now you have this itty bitty 2 inch toby jumped a solid 4 inches out of the water to bite me today and as my first truly hateful fish i just wanted to say i never expected it to be a pufferfish jumping out at me constantly lol. anyone had similar with tobys?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is meant to be a more funny post/funny question. My blue spot toby is the most passive ideal citizen in any of my setups, nobody messes with her she doesnt mess with corals and she doesnt mess with anyone ever, except me. This fish actually goes berzerk when I am anywhere near the tank, ive heard of clownfish jumping out after people to bite them but have you ever heard of a puffer doing it? now you have this itty bitty 2 inch toby jumped a solid 4 inches out of the water to bite me today and as my first truly hateful fish i just wanted to say i never expected it to be a pufferfish jumping out at me constantly lol. anyone had similar with tobys?
Ive had a Valentini do this, safe to say I don’t do puffers anymore…

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue spot like to be touched by people. He wouldn't jump out really, but he would bounce 4/5 out to get dangling krill.

I really loved that fish. Lots of fun.
mine is actually awesome, him and my dogface chill together all the time but my dog face is a respectable gentleman while this toby is a gremlin haha. i grew out a lunare wrasse to sell from a small 2 inch lunare to 6ish inches and the wrasse does not dare mess with the toby haha.

emmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just joined this forum to ask if anyone else had experienced this kind of behavior. My blue spot toby recently started going bananas and aggressively trying to attack me also. He was super chill and friendly until I gave him a crab to munch—I think it may have awakened the beast within! Now he flashes colors and zooms around the tank with his fins all fanned out whenever I approach, and he’s def tried to take a stab at nipping me (which is weirdly terrifying). Maybe it’s just excitement, or he’s trying to bully me into giving him more crab? Goofy little dudes.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just joined this forum to ask if anyone else had experienced this kind of behavior. My blue spot toby recently started going bananas and aggressively trying to attack me also. He was super chill and friendly until I gave him a crab to munch—I think it may have awakened the beast within! Now he flashes colors and zooms around the tank with his fins all fanned out whenever I approach, and he’s def tried to take a stab at nipping me (which is weirdly terrifying). Maybe it’s just excitement, or he’s trying to bully me into giving him more crab? Goofy little dudes.
In all seriousness you need to be carful. They can take pea sized circles out of your flesh. Not good.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My valentini ended up on the carpet during vacation so I did know they could jump. Never bit me. He was a bit of a wuss, he'd get into it with his reflection quite often

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all seriousness you need to be carful. They can take pea sized circles out of your flesh. Not good.
Maybe 10 years ago I had an overly exuberant valentini take a chunk out of my finger. He then spit it out and went to investigate. He then decided my finger was an appropriate snack and went hog. It wasn't pea sized. But it hurt.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe 10 years ago I had an overly exuberant valentini take a chunk out of my finger. He then spit it out and went to investigate. He then decided my finger was an appropriate snack and went hog. It wasn't pea sized. But it hurt.
yeah im gonna have my gf video it, this particular puffer with have everything but her tail out of the water shooting up like a torpedo to get me haha. love the fish though, most beautiful blue spot i have ever seen.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah im gonna have my gf video it, this particular puffer with have everything but her tail out of the water shooting up like a torpedo to get me haha. love the fish though, most beautiful blue spot i have ever seen.
Oh mine did spit water at me if he wanted a snack. He would bob halfway out and spit water a couple of feet.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back