OP
OP
B

bmal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rapid breathing is a much more serious symptom than the swelling in the belly. I'm struggling to figure out how they could be related, they may be separate issues, OR whatever is causing the bloating, is also causing a systemic infection that in turn, is causing the fish to breath heavily. At this point, I would say that Maracyn 2 in a treatment tank would be something to try, but I cannot say if it ultimately will be successful...since you need to catch the fish up, you might consider giving it a 5 minute FW dip as you move it. It won't cure any diseases, but IF the fish breathes better the next day, you can then focus on possible gill disease issues.

Jay
Hey Jay, I think My blue tang has dropsy can you take a look at this link for the other post on the systems and pics please

I have a blue tang that has acting himself. He lost his appetite and doesn’t swim all over the tank like he was just a few days ago. I started noticing on Saturday that he would just stay attached to a rock and didn’t come for feed anymore.

a about a month or so ago he was swimming downwards...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/does-my-blue-tang-have-dropsy.829449/

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jay, I think My blue tang has dropsy can you take a look at this link for the other post on the systems and pics please

I have a blue tang that has acting himself. He lost his appetite and doesn’t swim all over the tank like he was just a few days ago. I started noticing on Saturday that he would just stay attached to a rock and didn’t come for feed anymore.

a about a month or so ago he was swimming downwards...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/does-my-blue-tang-have-dropsy.829449/
I don't see dropsy in that fish, it is thin and the internal organs are showing through. Dropsy is related to ascites - ascites is fluid in the abdomen and dropsy is fluid in the fish tissues themselves. For some reason, probably related to the salt in the water, marine fish don't get true dropsy, they get ascites.

Trouble is, I can't tell you why this fish isn't eating, that is a general symptom of a sick fish, so you see it in virtually every seriously ill fish.

Jay

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? My hawkfish is bloated and not eating. What worked if any.

tried prazipro and didn’t work. Maybe general cure, melafix pimafix? Yeah

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? My hawkfish is bloated and not eating. What worked if any.

tried prazipro and didn’t work. Maybe general cure, melafix pimafix? Yeah
Hi, I replied on the other thread.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back