Blue tang ich!

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some insight got a baby blue tang had her about 4 weeks with no issues i know theyre ich mags not sure how ich made it to my tanks but it did and my tang and coral beauty have it tried a garlic infused food remedy and it seemed to help a bit water parameters are perfect as far as my test show and i test every other day to cut it short the blue tang is laying on its side and has what appears to be a worsend ich infestation she eats like a pig still yet but i am still concerned i know also that they do this play dead behavior when stressed just looking for any ideas on how to fix this i dont want to stress her out though any help is appreciated

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some insight got a baby blue tang had her about 4 weeks with no issues i know theyre ich mags not sure how ich made it to my tanks but it did and my tang and coral beauty have it tried a garlic infused food remedy and it seemed to help a bit water parameters are perfect as far as my test show and i test every other day to cut it short the blue tang is laying on its side and has what appears to be a worsend ich infestation she eats like a pig still yet but i am still concerned i know also that they do this play dead behavior when stressed just looking for any ideas on how to fix this i dont want to stress her out though any help is appreciated
Are you sure it's ich? It may be marine velvet which is a whole other beast to deal with. Pictures would definitely help if you could post them. You also need to get those two fish out of the tank ASAP and into a quarantine system where you can administer copper treatment. Your other fish will also need to be treated and your tank will need to go fishless for 76 days to get rid of whatever the issue is otherwise you'll be dealing with it again as soon as you put the treated fish back in the tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back