Blue Tip Sebae.. What is this, egg sack?

Charles4400

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
527
Reaction score
548
Location
Los Angeles, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a small blue tip sebae about 3 days ago. Fully expanded its about 4-4.5 inches across. It has settled in the spot where I placed it and looks healthy when it is opened up (though you cannot tell from the pic).

Well before lights on this morning I noticed this fleshy bundle by it (expelled from it?). I have not fed the nem yet and the tank is currently without fish from an ich outbreak (its been without fish for about 4.5 weeks now).

The pic shows the nem hunkered under a rock where I placed it and this mass next to it.... is it an egg sack from the anemone? I couldn't
get a better shot than this and now the mass is gone.

Any ideas what it is?
sebae1.jpg
 
Just some unknown expelled by the anemone, who knows what it ate or was feed before you bought it.
 
All anemones have mesenterial filaments and yes that is what it looks like and I would think that would be an ominous sign if the anemone is completely expelling mesenterial filaments.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new