OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If in too much light, they will retract. Being as they are NPS, they do not need to be in high light.

Even with retracted polyps, they can still "taste" the water. I would suggest seeing if you have something to fit over the gorg, like a bottle or similar. If you do, cut the bottom off of it, place it over the gorg and iject a small bit of food intot he bottle. This will keep the food localized and the gorg may respond by extending its polyps to eat.
Does this work? I'm not sure if it's dying, I moved it into a higher flow area as I noticed some white stuff on it.
1643648178446.jpeg

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this work? I'm not sure if it's dying, I moved it into a higher flow area as I noticed some white stuff on it.
1643648178446.jpeg
I was thinking of getting one of these soon, where did you get yours? I like the size!

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't spot feed them because they are perfectly capable of catching food from the water column. Just imagine how big the feeding cover must be if you have to rely on this when the coral grows bigger.

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't spot feed them because they are perfectly capable of catching food from the water column. Just imagine how big the feeding cover must be if you have to rely on this when the coral grows bigger.
I think it'll be temporary

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just wondering if this is normal? Looks like shedding? Or is it some kind of stringy alge?
20220223_100825.jpg

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When feeding live phyto daily to the tank for Blueberry Gorgonians to eat. What dose would be sufficient?

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, blurberry sea fans are not that light sensitive. The polyps stays out even under 300+ Par of light. The do enjoy good flow though.

If your blueberry seafan is healthy and well fed, you can see it encrusting within a week.

I broadcast feed mine tank with freeze dried planktons twice a day.
Is that the only thing that you do ( broadcast feed 2x daily ) for feeding the BB gorgonian? Do you spot feed? And how heavy do you feed?

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only thing that you do ( broadcast feed 2x daily ) for feeding the BB gorgonian? Do you spot feed? And how heavy do you feed?
Broadcast feeding is all I do, aside from mulms produced when zeostones are churned hourly. Each feeding consist of a teaspoon worth of freeze dried planktons. So that's quite a sizable amount of food. They do well and encrust and grow.

But they are easily smothered by collected detritus. So really strong and multi directional flow is important to keep them clean.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back