Blueline angel fish not eating

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I have a adult blue line angelfish. Its been in my quarantine tank for 2 weeks and I have not seen it eating anything. I tried seaweed nori, frozen Artemis, granules. I have not seen it poop neither. No white spot, very active and likes to hide. Anyone have any idea how to help it survive?

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what it was eating before it came to you?
Did you mean "frozen mysis" (shrimp)? If not (and you have tried to feed your fish a frozen Greek goddess...), then you might want to try that. You could also try some fresh clams (chopped up into small pieces).

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what it was eating before it came to you?
Did you mean "frozen mysis" (shrimp)? If not (and you have tried to feed your fish a frozen Greek goddess...), then you might want to try that. You could also try some fresh clams (chopped up into small pieces).

Thanks. I dont have any idea what's greek goddess?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Artemis" was a goddess.

"Artemia" are brine shrimp.

"Autocorrect" is more likely to recognize the goddess than the shrimp. Probably because the autocorrect software wasn't created by reefkeepers.

Brine can be tempting, but isn't as nutritious as you might like. I like EatBreakfast's suggestion of a clam on the half-shell - you can pick up a few at your local market's seafood counter.

~Bruce

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look around online for EasyReef Masstick - it is a dry powder that you add water and mix into a paste and stick it on the glass or onto rock or a dead coral skeleton. People have had very good luck using it to get finicky fish to eat, there are several YouTube videos out there.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried treating him for fluke. I would treat him praziquantel as a prevented just in case he has it. Might be the reason he's not eating.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back