Bluestripe pipefish breeding?

My bluestripes are finally spawning again, no idea why they stopped.

Last night was a hatch night, but I was too late and only caught a few. I set up a plastic fish bowl kreisel, stuffed it with Apocyclops pods, sprinkled in some Spirulina powder, and added some Nanno. I’ve found that Spirulina works much better with culturing Apocyclops. I also have some fry in a 5 gallon with Nanno and Apocyclops.

DB9316A6-C0E7-4FEE-A05D-49E058C2FD69.jpeg F944B666-1C86-4AA6-9045-2420D8F04223.jpeg
 
Now I know I have at least 9 fry. I currently have 6 in the kreisel and the other 3 are in the other 2 tanks. I probably have more than 9, it's just impossible to see them all at once because the water in the 2 tanks is so tinted.
 
Following. My bluestripes are carrying. If I get fry, I was hoping to put them in an isolation tank with live rock from the parent's tank. Hopefully, there may be enough food on it to get them started.
 
Following. My bluestripes are carrying. If I get fry, I was hoping to put them in an isolation tank with live rock from the parent's tank. Hopefully, there may be enough food on it to get them started.
Good luck! I believe a steady supply of copepods is key, and you’ll probably need a copepod culture.
 
Day 2: I can’t see any pipes in the 2 gallon or the 5 gallon, but all 6 are alive and well in the kreisel. This morning they’re much more active. I saw at least 2 of them successfully catch a copepod, and I saw some other attempts but the pods darted away just in time. A slower moving animal like baby brine shrimp would definitely work better, but the pipes are too small for BBS right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new