Boloceroides mcmurrichi (Family Boloceroididae) Swimming Anemone

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone hear of these ? have experience with these ? I seem to have a ton of them all over my glass , gravel ,rock etc ..NOT APTASIA...when u scrape them off -they swim and reattach to the glass, or get eaten by some of my gig anemones...Any ideas how to get rid of them ? nudis - dont work .

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas how to get rid of them ? nudis - dont work .
Not really, unfortunately. The only thing that I've heard confirmedly preys on them is Berghia major, and the nems can autotomize (drop) their tentacles and swim away to escape when preyed upon. Between that and the fact that they can both feed regularly and get energy from zooxanthellae (they're photosynthetic), it seems like it would be quite tough to get rid of them if they take hold in a tank.

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, unfortunately. The only thing that I've heard confirmedly preys on them is Berghia major, and the nems can autotomize (drop) their tentacles and swim away to escape when preyed upon. Between that and the fact that they can both feed regularly and get energy from zooxanthellae (they're photosynthetic), it seems like it would be quite tough to get rid of them if they take hold in a tank.
probably something that keeps them in check in the wild..but what ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back