Tank done added clowns

Giancarlo_Flex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank finished cycling after 4weeks. Added 2 clowns on Sunday. Any tips to keep these cute clowns healthy? I wanted to get some xenia or condy anemone for them next. Question- they have been swimming like this near the edges of the tank, is that normal?

IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If you want a condy anemone for them to host, forget it. They don't host that kind of anemone. You would need one from the Indo-Pacific (condy nems come from the caribbean)

2. They're swimming like that jsut to get their bearings. Like humans, they can't see where glass panes start and stop

3. I'd keep an eye on their gills. Seems like you still have a little bit of ammonia. Make sure their gills aren't turning red from ammonia burn

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t stress enough the amount of patience required to maintain a proper aquarium. My recommendation would be to build a good rock structure while adding fish. Simultaneously keeping the fish under observation for any parasitic or bacterial infections. If infectious appear, quarantine & medicate accordingly. Once all your fish have been selected, introduced & quarantined, move into introducing coral & inverts. Believe me, you do not want to deal with infectious diseases while housing coral unless you have a separate quarantine system. Patience, these systems run on their own clock. Good luck

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank finished cycling after 4weeks. Added 2 clowns on Sunday. Any tips to keep these cute clowns healthy? I wanted to get some xenia or condy anemone for them next. Question- they have been swimming like this near the edges of the tank, is that normal?

IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg

Also the seizure like twitching to the other is normal. That’s the least dominant one submitting to the dominant one and is a tell tale sign that they’re a pair (mates). If you plan to get other fish now is the time, if they claim territory and get bigger they’ll become more aggressive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back