BOLUS anyone?

FrugalReeferJon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Messages
4,723
Reaction score
29,314
Location
San Diego, CA via Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, is BOLUS still a thing? Anyone here using this method on their reef?

IMG_6330.jpeg
 
The guy in the photo seems to be saying, "I never heard of it." (Just like me. Lol!)
 
It works, as it has for decades. Is it better or worse than anything else folks do? There’s little useful data to decide whether the specific alk dose timing part of it is a benefit or a detriment relative to spread out dosing.
 
I am lazy.

I did not notice until I checked the KH Director report and saw dKH at 4.5.

I ordered more Triton but have not had time to mix a new batch.

So, every few days for the past two weeks, I have dumped 20 to 40 grams of baking soda into the sump.

My old tank syndrome is cured. My broken buffer is fixed. Magic crystals are dancing on their facets like a Ben Ali gator and the hippos from Fantasia.

Bolus works, I say. Shout it from the top of the keep. Bolus works.
 
My old tank syndrome is cured. My broken buffer is fixed. Magic crystals are dancing on their facets like a Ben Ali gator and the hippos from Fantasia.

.

You should collect the crystals and sell them!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new