Bone cutter recommendations

fotuskyt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Messages
60
Reaction score
18
Location
Sussex, Wi
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some bone cutters to cut frag plugs but would rather not spend the $50 my LFS is charging for them. Please send links for recommendations under $25
 
I have the Oceans Wonders Coral Stony Bone Cutter that BRS sales and they have been solid. I just rinse them off with tab water and dry them good. No rust so far.
 
The large SPS Coral bone cutters from BRS have lasted me probably more than 10+ years.
They are showing a few rust spots, but a few minutes with a dremel and they will shine right up
 
Last edited:
I have the Oceans Wonders Coral Stony Bone Cutter that BRS sales and they have been solid. I just rinse them off with tab water and dry them good. No rust so far.
I use these also. I like them a lot.
 
2nd the dremel and diamond wheel.
10 pcs Diamond Cutting Wheel Cut Off Discs Coated Rotary Tools Dremel 545 Diamond Wheel W/Mandrel 22mm for Dremel https://a.co/d/84CPZz9
 
I’ve been using some cheap ones from Amazon for 3 years now. They have a few rust spots on them because I’m not good at cleaning them after using them, but otherwise working fine.

For some reason when I try to post a link it is giving me an error.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new