Bonsai Acropora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pakman2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pakman2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
282
Reaction score
313
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me identify the coral in the picture? I’m new to this hobby. When I purchased this coral from the LFS, the only information that they had for this coral was Bonsai. Is there a specific or detailed Bonsai that this coral might be?

Also, the base looks brown with green sprouts popping out slightly. Is this a purple bonsai?

Recommendations or suggestions on placement and lighting. I currently run Kessil 360 led. Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

23774D41-DEAB-4BE5-AE41-9CDB089AEBD0.png
 
Possibly a purple bonsai or garf bonsai. High flow and high light so mount it up higher.
 
Is there anything I can do to verify or pinpoint as to which one it is? Would additional pictures help?
Closeups would help with good lighting:)
 
@BoomCorals may be able to help, he is a wiz at identifying acros ;) my guess is a purple bonsai acro
 
Maybe but hard to tell until we start to see branch structure etc. :/

Can you give recommendations as to placement, flow, lighting, etc.? The base itself looks brown rather than purple. And thank you for responding so quickly!
 
My bonsai (I think) is contrary to some comments...a slow grower. Mine is 12 ins from Radeons and almost in front of MP40s... I just checked my Apex log and it's been over a year, but hasn't grown like some of the other easier SPSs.
 
It’s a purple bonsai... Plain and simple. Lol
Some call it a GARF bonsai, it the same thing.

GARF is a person/company that had strong ties and was a pioneer in the hobby a long time ago that is now deceased.

If you would like to learn more about GARF go to GARF.org
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new