Bored? How about Mentoring a Newbie?

so maybe forget mentor and just set your tank up in our house ahaha. what sand is that. looks good size to use for high flow without blowing everywhere. i plan on getting reefflakes by tropic eden but they also have a grand select which is even bigger... but havent seen it in person so not sure which is better size.......
 
I always use caribsea special grade aragonite(dry) . Its grain large enough it do not move as much yet still nice looking.

I always start my systems with dry sand not live sand. I feel it brings less problems and less cyano to deal with later on. I rather build the biological filtration in my system myself so I have better control over the system..

good to know.. ok i wont hi jack this awesome thread!.
 
That's a very good question, I inherited them, see below, does that give you enough info?


IMG_20190705_074103.jpg
IMG_20190705_074046.jpg
IMG_20190705_074018.jpg


Capture.JPG
 
Last edited:
Did you want me to take the remaining 10 gallons of lfs saltwater and increase the volume in the sump today?
 
Yes leta do that. Just be careful not to flood your sump. Best way to donit is add while things are running slowly. Let's increase the water I'm the sump till its half full..this is operation condition, meaning do not do anything and do not turn off the pump. Just add slowly to the sumo while system running and bring water in the sump to half.
Make sense?
Yes
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new