Bored? How about Mentoring a Newbie?

Reply when you are NOT busy:
What do you think about this experiment?
Take a gallon of distilled water and add my CoraLife salt, then test alk at 35 salinity. This will tell us what I will be putting in for salinity once I have my RODI system up and running.
Thoughts?
 
Sorry maybe the comment was not clear.
I wanted the op to avoid
- iron based phosphate removers like gfo cause these leach iron and barium.

- As well as avoiding al based phosphate removers like phosguard cause these leach Al.

Because of the above reasons I personally use rowaphos which not only can reduce phosphate but also reduce al and barium..

Make sense?

I was just talking about this: Most of the common gfo leach Al because it's all Al based that's how they bind po4 to the media then this media start leaching back al and even po4 once it reach capacity.Rowphos is not.
I thought perhaps you were using the word leaching wrong (because of English) - but GFO I dont think is 'Aluminum based':)
 
Reply when you are NOT busy:
What do you think about this experiment?
Take a gallon of distilled water and add my CoraLife salt, then test alk at 35 salinity. This will tell us what I will be putting in for salinity once I have my RODI system up and running.
Thoughts?
Oh yeh nothing wrong with this. It will indeed tell you what levels your salt at.

Go for it.
 
My ATO is me :rolleyes:
That's on my list of items to add
Ha ha ha. Well we gotta get you an ATO. This will be my gift to you..like house warming will do tank warming ha ha.
Send me a PM with your address, will send you one I have couple laying around.
 
PM recieved. Will prep something and send you monday. If you can answer my earlier question would be great.
 
sump.jpg
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new