Boston Aqua Farms Reef Glue Accelerator

goober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys used it on glues other than Boston Aqua Farm Reef Glue? Does it work on any reef glue or super glue gels?

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop at a hobby shop and pickup some CA accelerator it’s all basically the same stuff and should work with any cyanoacrylate (super glue, crazy glue etc.) glues. PM hobbycraft in cowtown or any RC model shop will have it.

To answer the question, any CA accelerator should work with any CA glue.

OP
OP
goober

goober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop at a hobby shop and pickup some CA accelerator it’s all basically the same stuff and should work with any cyanoacrylate (super glue, crazy glue etc.) glues. PM hobbycraft in cowtown or any RC model shop will have it.

To answer the question, any CA accelerator should work with any CA glue.

Nice thanks for the reply. Do you know if these Accelerators will irritate Acropora if it touches their skin at the base?

Hillbillyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I don’t know, assume the CA and the accelerator with both irritate the skin, the CA that the covers the skin kills it, then the skin grows back from uncovered parts as the coral encrusts the ca and frag plug. The reaction between the CA and accelerator is very exothermic, to the point of wisps of nasty chemical smoke.

I wouldn’t worry about it harming any more than what just CA would harm. Keep accelerator overspray off the coral as much as possible and you should be fine. I’d spray the plug with the accelerator put the CA on the coral then mate the two together to minimize tissue damage.

Anyone with more experience using the 2 together will hopefully chime in.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how I use the CA accelerator. Get the frag plug / tile ready, and your coral that's about to be glued. Plop the glue down, get acro ready to put in. Spray the accelerator on the glue, and immediately push that coral frag onto / into it. If you hesitate even a couple of seconds the accelerator will cause the glue to form a skin that doesn't really burst but just deforms. I don't spray the accelerator on something already in the glue, but I'm not sure if it's harmful to them at all. Probably not good though

OP
OP
goober

goober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how I use the CA accelerator. Get the frag plug / tile ready, and your coral that's about to be glued. Plop the glue down, get acro ready to put in. Spray the accelerator on the glue, and immediately push that coral frag onto / into it. If you hesitate even a couple of seconds the accelerator will cause the glue to form a skin that doesn't really burst but just deforms. I don't spray the accelerator on something already in the glue, but I'm not sure if it's harmful to them at all. Probably not good though

Ok thanks, I plan to use the liquid instead of the spray. Im going to make sure to keep the accelerator on the plug only and away from any tissue just incase.

Back