Bought my first fish since hypo today :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter btkrausen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
103
Location
Bardstown, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hint: It was on DD tonight for about 30 seconds :)

I've put a TON of work into the tank since I got ich. Went through hypo-salintiy and I'm finally back in it. Tank has been running at 1.023 for about a week now and hasn't looked better.

I requested it to be shipped Wednesday for Thursday delivery. He'll go in the QT for a while to ensure a peaceful environment. Since he's from DD, he likely won't stay in there for about a week or two.
 
Very nice and congrats on the new addition and that things are getting back on track for your tank. Will have to post pictures of your new guy when you get him in.
 
Nice. Achilles juvenile ????

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo
 
Chaetodon mitratus is my final guess???

Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner :) What do we have for him Johnny? hehe

lg-0507121-153.jpg
 
Thanks, I'm very excited. I knew a butterfly was a must get after I lost my Spotfin Butterfly from the ich breakout. He was very personable and followed me around the tank. I hope this guy has the same great personality.
 
Beautiful looking fish :bigsmile:

Thanks. I almost bought one this weekend, but held out to see what would be on DD. As soon as I saw that this guy was included I knew I was going to be hitting refresh on DD at 6pm, haha.

I really wish I got that Labouti they had on their too, he was stunning.
 
Thanks Marvin. Doing multiple water changes on the QT tank to make sure its nice and clean, haha
 
Beautiful addition! Glad to see you back on track Bryan!
 
Thanks Scott. You can probably tell I'm excited considering my activity on the forums again, haha. I'm back to normal :)
 
Ugh...well...LiveAquaria shipped today for delivery tomorrow even though I requested to ship Wednesday. Now I gotta hurry and get these three wrasses out of the tank, haha.

On the plus side, we'll have pics tomorrow, haha
 
Last edited:
I knew it was the Mitratus after the first post. You snagged that sucker up fast too. One of my all time favorites, congrats.
 
Congrats Brian! :bigsmile:
 
I knew it was the Mitratus after the first post. You snagged that sucker up fast too. One of my all time favorites, congrats.

Thanks man, they've been on list for a while now.

Haha, yeah, I bought him very fast. I was refreshing the DD fish page and was signed in and everything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new