Bought my torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter aus1230
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aus1230

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
315
Reaction score
92
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently purchased a torch and when I dipped it I noticed the flesh probably wasn’t in the best shape. Not sure how to approach this with the vendor so I’m looking for some advice or is it normal to receive torchs like this?


 
Torches sometimes aren’t the best shippers. Like @NanoSteam said if we had pics we’d possibly be able help. Also tank parameters.
 
Echoing what everyone has said. Need pictures, and what it looked like before it was shipped
 
really hard to offer advice without a pic.
Sorry. I posted them but they didn’t upload.
20260325_145836_49759486-FACC-4E8C-8033-BC2F093BFC79.png

20260325_145836_8EB679FB-42E7-4BB1-B04B-5EC35A5719C4.png
 
Do you have pics?

Best to contact the vendor with pics and ask, you'll find reputable shops will be very helpful and understanding.
They didn’t upload this morning for some reason but should be in the chat now.
 
And does that look like the pic they advertised?
This was an in person pick up. I know I should’ve asked to look at the flesh and it’s a lesson learned for sure. The torch didn’t look the best but it seemed like he had the flow off before I arrived so I just assumed that had a lot to do with it.
 
Yes. Noticed it when I got it home and dipped it.

Looks torn up, I was going to say reach out to the vendor but you got it in person. I'm not good with dips so someone else may have a suggestion for an antibiotic dip to avoid a BJD situation.
 
Yes. Noticed it when I got it home and dipped it.

Looks torn up, I was going to say reach out to the vendor but you got it in person. I'm not good with dips so someone else may have a suggestion for an antibiotic dip to avoid a BJD situation.
I haven’t seen any brown substance coming from the torch. Would you still think it could be BJD?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new