Bourbon and Reefs

WhosUrBud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a small AIO tank for last year and decided to finally move up to 150ish gal tank (undecided between Aquaforest OceanGuard 790 and RS Reefer 750). Either way, much larger tank will be located in my bourbon room. I am going to have to take down my main bar (80ish bottles) and build a lot of floating shelving around the tank. I have done a lot of searching of members builds here and random google searches but cannot find anything close (Trying to get the wife on board).

Anyone here ever built a whiskey/bourbon display around their tank? I would really love some inspiration.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here ever built a whiskey/bourbon display around their tank? I would really love some inspiration.

TBH lurking outta curiosity and see what develops… sounds like a plan

…btw IMHO a good bourbon collection should include Wooford and Willets, not high end designer stuff but good for your daily constitutional consumption

OP
OP
W

WhosUrBud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TBH lurking outta curiosity and see what develops… sounds like a plan

…btw IMHO a good bourbon collection should include Wooford and Willets, not high end designer stuff but good for your daily constitutional consumption
Weirdly enough, Redbreast 27 batch 2 has become my main daily drinker for the past year. But I agree with your view.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bourbon display I have is the small assortment of bottles scattered around my pop up “chill out” chair that is parked in front of the tank for times when I’ve been “sampling” a little too aggressively or am coping with UK getting bounced out of the NCAA tournament again.

Curious to see if anyone here has a more… refined…approach, because that would be cool!

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't collect. No discipline and a taste for good bourbon. Maybe if I could afford more than one bottle at a time, but man, the good stuff is pricey these days. I drove 2.5 hours to get to a special allocated bourbon event with money in my pocket and bourbon on my mind. Allocations are small around here. The event was a bust for me. No Blantons, nothing in the Weller line... just high priced designer bottles I could get at the liquor store down the street. I did find a 750 of Noah's Mill for $30. Good pour at that price. It's gone already.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20230712_204106809.MP.jpg

I don't display mine, but there's plenty in the cabinet. Although tank looks good through through some Angels Envy! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely drink these days, but I do have a weakness for a smokey, aromatic Lagavulin.. :)

Your plan sounds awesome, would love to see what you come up with.

One thing I would put extra thought into is heat and humidity management.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely drink these days, but I do have a weakness for a smokey, aromatic Lagavulin.. :)

Your plan sounds awesome, would love to see what you come up with.

One thing I would put extra thought into is heat and humidity management.

I'll take that Lagavulin any day of the week!

PXL_20230712_210904108.MP.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back