Bowerbanki purchased now what?

ewoolpert

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2021
Messages
90
Reaction score
118
Location
West michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this Bowerbanki from POTO and I am debating whether to put it on the rock work or a tile. I guess I am looking for your opinion on the best way. Never had a Bowerbanki.
103D8102-4779-4FCB-A8F7-EE80685101F8.png
 
My bowers all sit on the sand bed on a small piece of rock/tile.

they can be mean little buggers and throw some pretty good sized sweepers
 
Do you allow the skeleton to grow over the sand or is the tile large enough for it to continue out on it?
 
Never even heard of a bower banki lol
Do they sometimes go by other names?
To me looks like a scolly or Trachy but I often get confused with these 2 plus favia,favettes, lobo,acan,meat corals anyway so now another one to add to my confusion ha ha
 
Never even heard of a bower banki lol
Do they sometimes go by other names?
To me looks like a scolly or Trachy but I often get confused with these 2 plus favia,favettes, lobo,acan,meat corals anyway so now another one to add to my confusion ha ha
Homophyllia bowerbanki, use to be considered a type of Acan.
 
Homophyllia bowerbanki, use to be considered a type of Acan.
Ok thanks and forgot to add above,looks like very nice colours and texture of it,almost like different colour grains of sand ,and new head to the side so bonus ^_^
 
Ok thanks and forgot to add above,looks like very nice colours and texture of it,almost like different colour grains of sand ,and new head to the side so bonus ^_^
Yeah we will see haha I have had good luck with POTO corals before but pictures can be deceiving
 
I am thinking of picking one up on an auction that looks like its going to go cheap. I know they hhave long sweepers so I always thought they were kept on sand bed like my mean Lobo lol. I just read they like higher par though so I am confused! How are ya"lls doing now? Do you know the par on your sand bed
 
I’ve got 2 bowers at present. I keep them in the lower third of the rocks in front. They’re in about 140ish par with moderate flow . They love being fed things like mysis, but it’s not necessary to direct feed. I just broadcast feed frozen daily.
IMG_7253.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new