Boxfish eating aiptasia?

Neil S.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
153
Reaction score
143
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know about this.....or it's an individual quirk. I have a small 1 inch (ish) square boxfish, very light yellow in colour with grey/blue spots. It's eating brine shrimp readily and is really not shy of movement around the tank. Tonight I observed him decimating a small colony of aiptasia that I've been trying to get rid of. (actually bought a filefish for that job). The little guy beat him to one of the aiptasia colonies. Is it common for boxfish to do this? (not that I'm complaining mind you). (Photo taken in night mode as it's nighttime in the aquarium)

photo_2019-08-07_01-01-54.jpg
 
It is as they seek small food and particles throughout the day. They are busy most of the day Grazing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new