Boyts 29G Biocube HQI.

NU2REEFIN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
274
Reaction score
77
Location
West Jordan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally decided to take the time to start a tank thread. I started with a 14g Biocube in August of 2009 with the misconceptions that "the lights are fine", "the tank is big enough" etc.etc.etc. I upgrade to the 29g Biocube HQi in September of 2010 and love it. Now to the tank, pics taken with I-Phone sorry.

Tank:
29g Biocube HQI w/Phoenix 14k 150 watt bulb
R2 led moonlights
25 lbs Arag-alive sand
40 lbs live rock.

Equipment:
Vortech MP10
Maxi-jet 1200 return pump
Reefkeeper Lite controller w/temp and PH probe

Chamber 1
Aquaticlife 115 protein skimmer added 3-11-11.

Filtration in chamber 2:
In-Tank media basket w/filter floss and Purigen.
In-Tank Fuge with Chaeto lit by JBJ nano led.

2 Nextreef MR1 Shortys: 1 with Rowaphos, 2 with carbon water pushed by 1 RIO 1400 pump.

Live stock:
1 Percula Clown
1 Cleaner shrimp
1 Mandarin Goby (PE Mysis trained)
COCO Worm
Various hermits and snails.
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse 3-12-11

Corals
About 20 Ricordea (all from Coralmorphologic), Rainbow Acans
Yellow tip torch, Dendros
Frogspawn, Orange Monti Cap
Green Slimer, Green Birdsnest, 2 Sweet Scolymias
Green Fungia, Miami Hurricane Chalice
Baby Girl Chalice, Grandis Palythoas
Sunset Monti (my favorite), Tyree Purple Haze
Mummy Eye Chalice, Bubble Gum Chalice
Various other SPS, Purple Hornet Zoas
Meteor Shower Cyphastrea, PINK/GREEN BTA
Spiderman Zoas,

5-15-11FTS.jpg
 
like the biocube nice healthy lookin gems love the rics and scolys
 
I like it!! I want to put a mp10 on my BC 29 but idk 220 or up is a lot of money for a powerhead. Is it worth it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new