BPC Flamethrower...

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an extremly old thread but, can anybody addcurrent pictures of their BPC Flamethrower mother colony?

Hooked

LPS Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those interested in the origins of the BPC Flamethrower, I owned the original colony. Here's a pic of what it looked like in my tank before I fragged it the first time.

FT in Solana.jpg

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice thats freaking awesome.

Hooked

LPS Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should have anticipated this, but I didn't - duh! I do not have any frags to sell.
I left the hobby for about 1 1/2 years and am just now starting up a new tank. After my tank matures a bit, I hope to acquire one, but I do not have any for sale.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those interested in the origins of the BPC Flamethrower, I owned the original colony.

Katrina, thank you very much for brining this legendary and unforgetable chalice to the reefing community.

If it wasn't for you in trading a few frags to Matt at Blue Planet Corals (coined the name Flamethrower), Pwoller and Coralfarm123, this chalice may have been lost forever.

Below is a link from Reef Hobbyist Magazine. The article is a great read on how the BPC Flamethrower came to be.

Reef Hobbyist Magazine Quarter 4 2009

Last edited:

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On man thanks for the link. Never read the article and its cool to hear how it came to be.

Hooked

LPS Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katrina, thank you very much for brining this legendary and unforgetable chalice to the reefing community.

If it wasn't for you in trading a few frags to Matt at Blue Planet Corals (coined the name Flamethrower), Pwoller and Coralfarm123, this chalice may have been lost forever.

Below is a link from Reef Hobbyist Magazine. The article is a great read on how the BPC Flamethrower came to be.

Reef Hobbyist Magazine Quarter 4 2009

Wesley, Thanks for posting that link. I was looking for that photo of the original right after I bought it. Pretty ugly. Who would have thought it would turn into such a beautiful coral!

Lacktaters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing Wesley...great read! I wish someone would write one of these for all the "worthy" chalices.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back