OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a project to create hardy saltwater guppies to then give out to my LFS to see if they can sell them. It starts by breeding guppies in low end brackish water, then raising the salinity by 0.001 specific gravity with every generation until they reach full marine then continue to breed them in full marine for a year. Finally I will select only short fin guppies for this process, so that they don't have any issues swimming.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my objective is to make a nano reef community fish. I don't see it any different than how we turned wolves into a chihuahua. It is selective breeding with a bit of environmental change.

OP
OP
The guppy guru

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcement: From here on out all questions regarding brackish water fish and inverts, will be redirected to Want To know a little brackish secret I will no longer be posting on my other brackish water topic threads. Want to know a little brackish secret will be used as it is the most successful and the most widely know of the bunch, It has informed many people and I myself have made mistakes and learned from them there. That was also my first thread so its been with me on my may as a hobbyist. Thank you and remember, Happy Reefing.

Seneca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few generations of guppies and mollies that have been living in my sump for a years and a hald. They both do fine. The later generations don't end up eaten by atapsia as often. I think the later generations would do fine in the main display as they are a bit atavistic, except my harlequin tusk and eel would definitely eat them (my unicorn tang would probably eat them too).

I am presently acclimating a school of monos (sebae).

IMG_20210730_105208.jpg IMG_20210818_132310__01.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back