Brain Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elle7519
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Elle7519

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies ahead of time if this is a dumb question. Hoping someone can help me as I am new to the reef community. I have been slowly adding to my tank and recently just received a brain coral. I did a coral dip prior to adding to the tank. Inspected for pests. Had it for less than a week and appears to be dead but I would like to confirm. When I got it the colors were a nice green and purple. Although I don’t have many coral yet as I’ve been adding very slow, they all appear to be growing and healthy. Mixed information is where I’m struggling. Is this coral overly stressed or did I truly lose it that quick?
Alk 7.5
pH 7.8
Nitrates 15-20
Nitrites and Ammonia are both 0
Ca 420
Coral is off to the side and at the bottom of the tank so not to expose to too much light.
20251226_210213_F43F27D4-4F48-4889-9C6A-F98495447DDF.png
 
It is completely dead, just a skeleton now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new