View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consensus seems to be,
Hanna alk
Salifert Ca and MG
Red Sea NO3 and PO4 or
Hanna PO4(I have the Low Range, need the ULR)

I'll order up those. I did like the Red Sea Pro Alge kit with the NO3 and PO4, the Mg was really hard to read and Alk was impossible to get consistent color change.

I think the range has to big of a spread on the Red Sea NO3 so I use the pro kit. Guess it all depends on your level

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the range has to big of a spread on the Red Sea NO3 so I use the pro kit. Guess it all depends on your level
Yea, I have the pro kits already. I wasn't aware there were two kits for a long time. People kept talking about colors I didn't have, and I was pretty sure I always pass those color blind tests at work. I thought they were crazy for a long time.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, I'm calling in the elites. Yea, that's y'all... I need test kits. I haven't tested like I should in a long time and now that my tank is a year old, I want to try more acros. Most of my kits are all old and expired or used up so, what do you use? Which one have you found easiest to perform and read consistent results with? It can be different brands for each test. I dont mind using different kits to get easy results.

Ca
Alk (really like my Hanna)
Mg
NO3
PO4

539240dbf772c4994cceb4339518d2d6.jpg

So I have the trident but not starting using it yet. Will wait to get the coral farm going. I have all the Hanna’s that exist. I use some Red Sea deluxe kit for backup and ammonia and nitrate.

Salifert for Iodine, silicate and magnesium.

The hanna are really easy. I’m not great at colors all the time so the hanna eliminates that part for me. Plus I’m a science nerd so I like the pipetting and all that chemistry stuff. I check way too often probably.

Hanna - alk, phos ULR, nitrite ULR, iron,
Cal, copper.

I actually have an unopened Hanna alk bc I’m my fleury if buying stuff early on I didn’t realize I already bought one. I’m donating that one to @dantimdad for his veteran project when the time comes.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe 3rd cut here? I'm not sure how much you want to frag off of it... I'd go closer to the rock tho, my finger painting skills aren't as good as my scalpel skills. Still, those aren't great, I'm much more talented with hammers. Hulk smash...

20190713_183748.jpg

Yes closer to the rock is best.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning @crusso1993. Almost bed time for me. One more nightshift, then I have a week off.

Night shifts can pretty rough on some as they never are able to adjust to the change. Hope this is not the case with you.

Only a week off? I've been off most of my life!
Going anywhere or making it a staycation?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday morning reefers & reeferettes. Barry thankfully didn't show up yesterday, but may dump some of his following rains on us today. It will be a lazy inside day today.

So, I will share a bit of my tropical spirit with you all this morning. My neighbor came back yesterday from 14 days in Hawaii, so I have been in the tropical mood again. I am not really a traveler, so I have never been to Hawaii (or anywhere, really), but I do live vicariously on occasion through the songs of Jimmy Buffett and the Parrot Head lifestyle (albeit the economy class).

I am envisioning having a nice laid back Sunday at Duke's, a restaurant on Waikiki beach. Has anyone ever been there? If nothing else, you may just enjoy watching the video, which is only waves on a lovely tropical beach. I am enjoying the vibe with my morning coffee.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job. And lucky they were attached looks good.
It was happiest on the sand bed and my turbo snails would push it around a little. I put some small rocks around it to hold it in place. I never thought much about it till frag time. That was a bonus for sure.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday morning reefers & reeferettes. Barry thankfully didn't show up yesterday, but may dump some of his following rains on us today. It will be a lazy inside day today.

So, I will share a bit of my tropical spirit with you all this morning. My neighbor came back yesterday from 14 days in Hawaii, so I have been in the tropical mood again. I am not really a traveler, so I have never been to Hawaii (or anywhere, really), but I do live vicariously on occasion through the songs of Jimmy Buffett and the Parrot Head lifestyle (albeit the economy class).

I am envisioning having a nice laid back Sunday at Duke's, a restaurant on Waikiki beach. Has anyone ever been there? If nothing else, you may just enjoy watching the video, which is only waves on a lovely tropical beach. I am enjoying the vibe with my morning coffee.

thanks for relaxing surf

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back