Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to look at a cheap beater pickup for aquarium and supply hauling in a bit.

I have needed a truck for years and things seem to be falling into place this week.

Wish me luck!
Good luck! I lowered a pickup years ago and happily found out that it makes hauling large objects super easy. No lifting up to get it into the bed. Just had to add air bag style helper springs

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday morning reefers & reeferettes. Barry thankfully didn't show up yesterday, but may dump some of his following rains on us today. It will be a lazy inside day today.

So, I will share a bit of my tropical spirit with you all this morning. My neighbor came back yesterday from 14 days in Hawaii, so I have been in the tropical mood again. I am not really a traveler, so I have never been to Hawaii (or anywhere, really), but I do live vicariously on occasion through the songs of Jimmy Buffett and the Parrot Head lifestyle (albeit the economy class).

I am envisioning having a nice laid back Sunday at Duke's, a restaurant on Waikiki beach. Has anyone ever been there? If nothing else, you may just enjoy watching the video, which is only waves on a lovely tropical beach. I am enjoying the vibe with my morning coffee.

Thanks for posting about Duke's. I have never been to that one but used to go to the one in the video below every Friday night. Started going to Duke's in 1984.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 trying to catch the Melanurus. Have a trap but the door sticks and I lost him twice. He won’t go in for food so I baited it with snails. Haven’t seen him eat any but he always throws them around when flipped.
DIY trap or did you buy something? Halichoeres wrasse are smart and have always been the hardest for me to trap.

I have resorted once or twice to finding their sleeping spot and placing a net over it. Then when they first go to sleep I will drag an acrylic rod lightly through the sand so he pops out into the net.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY trap or did you buy something? Halichoeres wrasse are smart and have always been the hardest for me to trap.

I have resorted once or twice to finding their sleeping spot and placing a net over it. Then when they first go to sleep I will drag an acrylic rod lightly through the sand so he pops out into the net.
I was just thinking that when you stated that. Great minds think alike.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone welcome, (give me names)
bbc7e02752d9f5960094098552665138.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be right. Are all tangs mean to other fish or are they likely to be nice to fish mean to their own kind
Its a coin toss in my experience. I added my two tangs within a couple hours of each other so aside from the occasional dust up over the algae clip they get along pretty well.

Ive had my Yellow torment a Leopard wrasse that obviously looked nothing like her and other times strait up ignore a new addition. The PBT took offense to the Swallow Tail when she first went in but the mirror for a couple of days solved that.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back