OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, it is getting more “Face-bookish.” I read that there was a “mad” emoticon available through the like button and Rev deleted it. They were afraid it would cause flare ups, which it probably would.

This “Profile Page” deal. Does anyone really use that? I am not really sure what the purpose is. I believe you can make posts and have conversations there, which would kinda be like public PMs. I guess the curmudgeon just never found a reason to use it. :cool:
I want a hug emoji

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is getting more “Face-bookish.” I read that there was a “mad” emoticon available through the like button and Rev deleted it. They were afraid it would cause flare ups, which it probably would.

This “Profile Page” deal. Does anyone really use that? I am not really sure what the purpose is. I believe you can make posts and have conversations there, which would kinda be like public PMs. I guess the curmudgeon just never found a reason to use it. :cool:
I rarely look at my own profile... Its usually to just find a bookmark.
I haven't use the Facebook since about 2009 so not sure how similar they might be.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Change is difficult. I have learned to navigate for the most part, but I hate the ads/sales being before threads. Maybe more paid supporters would have changed the layout?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change is difficult. I have learned to navigate for the most part, but I hate the ads/sales being before threads. Maybe more paid supporters would have changed the layout?
I think this will end once July is over. This was supposed to be that summer sizzle sale period or something so i dont expect it to last.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the summer event that rev did for July. Christmas in July. Seems to be popular nowadays

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this will end once July is over. This was supposed to be that summer sizzle sale period or something so i dont expect it to last.
Should have read a little further and seen that you addressed the sales portion;Facepalm

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's WC day!
Going to do a 50% WC and swap out the filter cartridge and added little filter pad thingy.
On a different note, I notice tons of these tiny little spiral shell things on the glass, feather dusters? Neat. things are growing. Also noticed a few tiny worms as well wriggling around in there mainly by the filter or in the sand by the glass. Also, Neat.
Trying to get users to agree on format is like trying to get us to agree on lighting.
or politics

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's WC day!
Going to do a 50% WC and swap out the filter cartridge and added little filter pad thingy.
On a different note, I notice tons of these tiny little spiral shell things on the glass, feather dusters? Neat. things are growing. Also noticed a few tiny worms as well wriggling around in there mainly by the filter or in the sand by the glass. Also, Neat.

or politics
I'd guess little spirorbid worms

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be cool if they would let you minimize each section or select what sections you do and do not want to see on your own. For example, let me add/remove specific forums per my interests/needs. I doubt we'd ever win on the advertizing argument as the sponsors fund the forum but deciding that i do want to watch the marketplace feed or Fish Disease pages over something else would be cool.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would be cool if they would let you minimize each section or select what sections you do and do not want to see on your own. For example, let me add/remove specific forums per my interests/needs. I doubt we'd ever win on the advertizing argument as the sponsors fund the forum but deciding that i do want to watch the marketplace feed or Fish Disease pages over something else would be cool.
I was thinking the same.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a hug emoji

:)

HUg.gif

grouphugg.gif

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One good thing about the site upgrade - they are at least still using Xenforo software, just an updated version. It could have been even worse if you would have had to get used to using a completely different forum software. When Humblefish upgraded our LARC site, we went from phpbb3 to Xenforo. It looked nothing like the old forum, which was a good thing, but was cumbersome for us at first.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back