Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Hogdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with live sand... aragonite is a good brand. For small fish, you could go with a fire fish, barnacle blenny, hectors goby, green banded goby, or Catalina goby. I'd only go with 1 shrimp, and start it off as small as possible.. you could go with a peppermint or scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp. Just know that the more fish you add, the more macro algae you should add to help you keep nitrates within a safe range. You'll still want to do weekly water changes. For other clean up crew members, I'd go with 2 cerith snails, 2 trochus snails, and 4 assorted (small) hermit crabs

I have a turbo, a nassarius, 2 nerrite, 2 small hermits, and a small emerald crab....emerald is active and fun to watch. My tank is 5 gallons.

Hogdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank is nowhere near to be found, a big floor to ceiling system. It may never come true so I am happy with what I have.
I have realized I love my little 5 gallon pico WAYYYY more than the 60 gallon I have at home....Think I will downsize the home tank to a 32 biocube...less is more

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been stressed all day worried about the tank. Andrew has worried and didn't have an opportunity to check it out on the Wyze. He ran in and before I could get out of the car, he ran back out and hugged the crap out of me! I wasn't sure at first what it meant. The frogspawn is GOOD!!!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20190919_155236133.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been stressed all day worried about the tank. Andrew has worried and didn't have an opportunity to check it out on the Wyze. He ran in and before I could get out of the car, he ran back out and hugged the crap out of me! I wasn't sure at first what it meant. The frogspawn is GOOD!!!
That is a really good news ! I have been looking for info about frogspawn and one guy from a LFS told me some time the frogspawn spun of some branches as a way to propagate himself. o_O

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a really good news ! I have been looking for info about frogspawn and one guy from a LFS told me some time the frogspawn spun of some branches as a way to propagate himself. o_O
I also knew about that. There are lots of new heads right there at that branch. I did wonder about it. Still not 100% sure.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do I now picture him kicked back in mirrored sunglasses with "his people" texting for him here on R2R?
Cause it is correct.

@Why-Me also want me to inform you, you are welcome to join his entourage.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back