Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA is how I beat out my Dinos on my original tank. Now I have bubble algae and GHA but I have a balance of CUC that keeps it in check. Personally I think the rationale that your tank should have 0 algae in it is comical. Algae is natural just like everything in our tank. The key is to find a balance between the growing algae and your natural methods of removing it, CUC, Fish inhabitants, etc within the tank... atleast IMO anyway...

I'll add that obviously there are some algae out there that is very difficult to keep in check and that's why letting easier to manage algae take over and out compete the harder stuff first is something that is talked about as being relatively effective method.

I agree. People tend to gravitate to extremes in this hobby from what I’ve noticed.

Having small amounts of algae is fantastic. It has it’s bottom of the totem pole place in the hierarchy. Keeps the cuc fed, is more dominant than cyano/Dino, and releases heathy nutrients.

Removing it altogether just adds to the instability.

The most important thing I’ve learned so far in the short time I’ve been in this hobby is nothing is more important than stability. I don’t mean parameters either by stability, or at least not entirely.

I more or less define stability as establishing the optimal hierarchy for your system that’s evolved to thrive under your maintenance schedule/rhythm.

I’m longing for the day this occurs in my tanks. It’s such a beating as a noob lol.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome. Strangely I've had some of the best Indian food in Thailand. Probably has something to do with a lot of Indians being there.;)
last year I was working in the desert area close to Palm Springs. So it was lunch time and I see this restaurant, they not only served food from India but also Pizza. Of course we had butter chicken one of the best I've had here. Oh boy, I'm getting hungry.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last year I was working in the desert area close to Palm Springs. So it was lunch time and I see this restaurant, they not only served food from India but also Pizza. Of course we had butter chicken one of the best I've had here. Oh boy, I'm getting hungry.

I’m in the mood for some Indian. I always take my vegan co-worker to the best meat joints. He needs some curry in his life.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that's lol funny. I was eating at an Indian restaurant in Thailand and strangely they served pizza, too.;) Butter chicken is to die for.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's lol funny. I was eating at an Indian restaurant in Thailand and strangely they served pizza, too.;) Butter chicken is to die for.

I think, if they can make naan bread I guess pizza should be really easy to make.
Now I'm thinking of mango yogurt drink.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chill a bit, you’re making my trachy hungry...

0931132D-618E-40D0-BF27-FD70393AC82E.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH
Stefan Bladen

I just realized that elfster was a website I had to sign up for. ;Facepalm
Get some stuff on your list
You can add anything from anywhere if you copy the website link at the top of your page and then on elfster you click More Options then paste the website you copied into the empty box then click add link
DONE!!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
So you're one of the ones Santa was talking about ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
Yes. I realized it after I sent santa a message asking if I was in.
@Why-Me list has been started. Just not exactly sure what to ask for

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
Yes. I realized it after I sent santa a message asking if I was in.
@Why-Me list has been started. Just not exactly sure what to ask for

Ask for anything, worse thets going to happen is you don't get it :) just take a look at my list if you're feeling theres a limit on what to ask for:p

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back