Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wilsoni aren't too hard, just feed it until it's healed/acclimated and it should be good to go. I have a big trachy radiata in my tank as well as a friend's geoffroy. They have very similar care requirements.

My trachy is like bulletproof.

I’ve just read that considering where they are pulled from the ocean they are very temperature dependent mainly for lower temperatures, you have to keep nice and low flow/low light, and feed aminos and meaty foods similar to the organic rich lagoons they are pulled from.

I’m going to treat it like my blasto except on the sandbed and just continue with my daily amino feeding/oyster feast and target feed 4 days a week. I might drop my tanks temp down a degree or two to 76-77.

It still seems like so many people lose them. My guess is they don’t focus on the aminos which is really the main consideration if you look at their environment.

I’m going to remove that center rock and put him in this little shaded cove on the sandbed where my blasto is.

ECA93D77-D4CB-4841-A174-6596BF08A5F0.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trachy is like bulletproof.

I’ve just read that considering where they are pulled from the ocean they are very temperature dependent mainly for lower temperatures, you have to keep nice and low flow/low light, and feed aminos and meaty foods similar to the organic rich lagoons they are pulled from.

I’m going to treat it like my blasto except on the sandbed and just continue with my daily amino feeding/oyster feast and target feed 4 days a week. I might drop my tanks temp down a degree or two to 76-77.

It still seems like so many people lose them. My guess is they don’t focus on the aminos which is really the main consideration if you look at their environment.
LPS love to eat, and with the major focus on low nutrient SPS tanks these days... many just don't have a chance to thrive. I like a dirty(algae free) tank. Of course I like LPS better than those tiny sticks people sell for insane amounts of money. I've tried keeping them because it's the "in thing" to do around here. Doesn't work for me and I just prefer the color and beauty of LPS more.

I wish I still had that lobo that I lost in the metal sand tank. That, was a beautiful piece.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS love to eat, and with the major focus on low nutrient SPS tanks these days... many just don't have a chance to thrive. I like a dirty(algae free) tank. Of course I like LPS better than those tiny sticks people sell for insane amounts of money. I've tried keeping them because it's the "in thing" to do around here. Doesn't work for me and I just prefer the color and beauty of LPS more.

I wish I still had that lobo that I lost in the metal sand tank. That, was a beautiful piece.

You and me are going to be good friends as I’m the exact same way. I think among my hundreds of bad decisions in this hobby deciding to stick to one coral type dominate tank was the smartest.

I only really like lps as well, I love the colors, the way their tissue moves, and how happy they get when they feed.

I feed my tank like crazy and won’t stop. It’s too much fun.

And seriously, who wants to see these tiny little junior school polyps flowing in the flow. I’d rather see my trachy devoure a whole amphipod.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me are going to be good friends as I’m the exact same way. I think among my hundreds of bad decisions in this hobby deciding to stick to one coral type dominate tank was the smartest.

I only really like lps as well, I love the colors, the way their tissue moves, and how happy they get when they feed.

I feed my tank like crazy and won’t stop. It’s too much fun.

And seriously, who wants to see these tiny little junior school polyps flowing in the flow. I’d rather see my trachy devoure a whole amphipod.
I had to dig for 30 minutes thru an old thread I do not like... but i found a pic of that Lobo.

20180217_224557.jpg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will y'all look at this background kit? Current USA Serene lighting. Seriously considering it for the new build. The full effect kit is for freshwater and can include sound. That isn't practical for our build though.

;Watching;Watching;Watching;Watching;Watching

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some new projects in terms of new builds, livestock, or coral setups is everyone working on?
Brand new build here! LOL! Just don't get mad if you read this whole thread and the tank is still dry - and filling up with dust. :)

Fin's Reef Savvy 125

Eh, may be just a silly idea.
Maybe just make sure it is easy to remove as his tastes and yours change. I am the old curmudgeon though, so ... :)

curmudgeon3-little.gif

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new build here! LOL! Just don't get mad if you read this whole thread and the tank is still dry - and filling up with dust. :)

Fin's Reef Savvy 125

Maybe just make sure it is easy to remove as his tastes and yours change. I am the old curmudgeon though, so ... :)

curmudgeon3-little.gif

Your patience is inhuman...

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on local reefing forum just ordered a new tank is selling his waterbox 190 pro reef for $1,200 in the spring, around March.
Maybe I will try to make a 5' work here...?!
Tank and stand, no sump. I have 40 breeder in my garage unused for a sump!!

Last edited:
Back