Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer 8 as well. NSW for the win. In defense of 12 or even 13, isn’t 14 technically the upper limit?

Given how long I go between wc, my alk is probably around 10 I’d say so it evens out a bit.

I have a hanna alk checker on the way so I’ll know soon.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was talking to Derek at Miracles Aquariums today looking at maybe grabbing a second tank for my setup. I've had a hankering for Garden Eels lately but they won't do well in my shallow tank so I need something a little deeper. I'm still in debates over adding a second tank but when we were talking he mentioned the fact that I might have started a bit of a trend with my One piece Eurobracing, he's had 6 orders for tanks with the one piece on them so far, some of which have mentioned my name directly.

I never thought I was cool enough to start a trend but here we are, now to come up with a catchy name for it, any ideas??;Bookworm;Writing:p

Last edited:

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was talking to Derek at Miracles Aquariums today looking at maybe grabbing a second tank for my setup. I've had a hankering for Garden Eels lately but they won't do well in my shallow tank so I need something a little deeper. I'm still in debates over adding a second tank but when we were talking he mentioned the fact that I might have started a bit of a trend with my One piece Eurobracing, he's had 6 orders for tanks with the one piece on them so far, some of which have mentioned my name directly.

I never thought I was cool enough to start a trend but here we are, now to come up with a catchy name for it, any ideas??;Bookworm;Writing:p
There was a zebra eel at the LFS when i went by yesterday, was letting the staff pet him and apparently cuddles one of the tangs!

you could call it REINFORCEMENTS HAVE ARRIVED ;)

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Magellan found the answer to your alk calcium discrepancy question in a brs video here:

You got me all excited and then he basically read the instructions off the back of the bottle :/ I’m just going to keep dosing exactly the same way, (but with the corresponding dose of Ca) continue my wc schedule and let things gradually even out. I’m more concerned with the effect of losing an important member of my Cuc and 20+ percent of my fish bioload. Nevermind how amazing the blenny poops were! He would go up to the top of the tank and take a poop shower in high flow areas, it would go everywhere. Literally crop dusting my corals. If I get rid of my wrasse, there goes another 20% of my fish load, and will completely change the biome of the tank because he’s keeping the little critter populations at a minimum. Every time you change something in a small tank you get a mini cycle...this is incredibly frustrating, I was so happy with where my tank was at. Now I have decisions to make (again!) that I thought were behind me.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hoserbrace. Lol

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told you I had one somewhere, I saw it for the first time yesterday, it came out for breakfast!
It still has both nems! ;)

DSC_0028 (1024x757).jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Canada brace

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got me all excited and then he basically read the instructions off the back of the bottle :/ I’m just going to keep dosing exactly the same way, (but with the corresponding dose of Ca) continue my wc schedule and let things gradually even out. I’m more concerned with the effect of losing an important member of my Cuc and 20+ percent of my fish bioload. Nevermind how amazing the blenny poops were! He would go up to the top of the tank and take a poop shower in high flow areas, it would go everywhere. Literally crop dusting my corals. If I get rid of my wrasse, there goes another 20% of my fish load, and will completely change the biome of the tank because he’s keeping the little critter populations at a minimum. Every time you change something in a small tank you get a mini cycle...this is incredibly frustrating, I was so happy with where my tank was at. Now I have decisions to make (again!) that I thought were behind me.
Remove the six line, get a pink streaked or possum wrasse and another blenny. :)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin folks... tried to sleep in because I haven't been able to sleep well, been having strange stomach pains. Hopefully they go away here soon... anyway, neighbor decided 8am was a great time to fire up the leaf blower. They've been at it for an hour.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can-Am Bracing
The Josh One-Piece
Euro-Can Bracing
The Around the World Brace
The "It Costs How Much Brace?!?"
The Uni-Josh
I could keep going... :p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back