Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse is starting to mess with the baby though :/

9D6AAE97-CE40-44B4-8F63-DE206C08DE57.jpeg
You can get a divider or make your own, separate them like a couple of rowdy kids who need a timeout ;)

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great spot for him, he’s gonna get huge!

I think so too.

The good thing about running a frag quarantine is you learn how each coral operates: the flow, light, feeding, etc.

So by the time they go into the display, you got their needs dialed in and don’t ever have to move them or re-arrange anything.

It’s a big benefit.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a divider or make your own, separate them like a couple of rowdy kids who need a timeout ;)

It might come to that, it seems like it may only be around feedings.

Both of them can eat a lot, much more than my clowns did at this point.

The wrasse has also started swimming crazily. The dude can move. The blenny seems a little nervous around him and just posts up in that spot.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might come to that, it seems like it may only be around feedings.

Both of them can eat a lot, much more than my clowns did at this point.

The wrasse has also started swimming crazily. The dude can move. The blenny seems a little nervous around him and just posts up in that spot.
After my recent wrasse vs blenny violence I’m inclined to say that you should be really cautious. How big is the tank they are in right now? The wrasse might just feel cramped, they can be really active.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my recent wrasse vs blenny violence I’m inclined to say that you should be really cautious. How big is the tank they are in right now? The wrasse might just feel cramped, they can be really active.

That’s looking like the case. It’s a small 10g. The wrasse is small, maybe 1.5-2” but he can still swim quite fast.

I can seal up another 10g if it comes to it. They only have 3 more weeks though.

I’m thinking about doing larger feedings to pacify the wrasse.

I do twice weekly water changes for them so I think the tank could take it.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s looking like the case. It’s a small 10g. The wrasse is small, maybe 1.5-2” but he can still swim quite fast.

I can seal up another 10g if it comes to it. They only have 3 more weeks though.

I’m thinking about doing larger feedings to pacify the wrasse.

I do twice weekly water changes for them so I think the tank could take it.
My wrasse took less than 24 hours to kill my blenny once he decided the world wasn’t big enough for the 2 of them. The blenny died from stress, there wasn’t a mark on him or even fin damage. It’s up to you, the wrasse might be pretty stressed out too since it’s in a fairly small space that it’s not used to, and dividing that further might not be the best idea for him.

definitely feed more and maybe 3x a day? Reduce the light schedule too

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasse took less than 24 hours to kill my blenny once he decided the world wasn’t big enough for the 2 of them. The blenny died from stress, there wasn’t a mark on him or even fin damage. It’s up to you, the wrasse might be pretty stressed out too since it’s in a fairly small space that it’s not used to, and dividing that further might not be the best idea for him.

definitely feed more and maybe 3x a day? Reduce the light schedule too

It’s a freshwater crap light but I could reduce the day time on it.

Apparently McCosker flasher wrasses are much more peaceful than others.

I’m going to increase feedings and play it by ear. It would take 7-10 days to get another tank up and cycled anyways. By that time they would over halfway done.

The tank is 75% to full dose of copper, playing it super slow since they are both delicate. They are going to 100% in 1-2 days.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a freshwater crap light but I could reduce the day time on it.

Apparently McCosker flasher wrasses are much more peaceful than others.

I’m going to increase feedings and play it by ear. It would take 7-10 days to get another tank up and cycled anyways. By that time they would over halfway done.

The tank is 75% to full dose of copper, playing it super slow since they are both delicate. They are going to 100% in 1-2 days.
I read the same thing about them, you just never know. Copper treatments plus a small confined space, less than ideal for him. Only thing I can think of would be to take some sand from your display, water from your display, and sacrifice a rock to go into QT tank #2. Could also seed some biomedia tonight as well, (in your DT) it would basically be insta-cycled by tomorrow and ready to go. But that’s a lot of potentially unnecessary effort. Is there anything you could add to that tank to break it up a little so it’s not so wide open? Fish like shade/ places to hide and maybe that’s all the wrasse needs.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The things I do for friends.... heater core, Pontiac Torrent(piece of s***). I have to rip everything you see out still. Except the steering column, I'm not opening that can of worms.

20191209_134128.jpg
Done a lot of those. I once had a '89 Camaro that needed a heater core. The center console and dash had to come out. 2 weeks after I repaired it the new one started to leak! I think the job booked for 14 hrs when i looked it up. The second time I had it done in a little over 3 hours. I will never buy another aftermarket heater core.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done a lot of those. I once had a '89 Camaro that needed a heater core. The center console and dash had to come out. 2 weeks after I repaired it the new one started to leak! I think the job booked for 14 hrs when i looked it up. The second time I had it done in a little over 3 hours. I will never buy another aftermarket heater core.
I will buy a new car before a new heater core.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the same thing about them, you just never know. Copper treatments plus a small confined space, less than ideal for him. Only thing I can think of would be to take some sand from your display, water from your display, and sacrifice a rock to go into QT tank #2. Could also seed some biomedia tonight as well, (in your DT) it would basically be insta-cycled by tomorrow and ready to go. But that’s a lot of potentially unnecessary effort. Is there anything you could add to that tank to break it up a little so it’s not so wide open? Fish like shade/ places to hide and maybe that’s all the wrasse needs.

I have rock and sand in the qt

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant if you wanted to set up another 10g and avoid waiting for it to cycle.

reading through this article it looks like it might just be a space/hiding place thing?

There are two large things of pvc and the rock for him to hide under. I think it was just a feeding thing. It was the first time I saw the wrasse acknowledge the blenny so I’m not too worried. He did kind of swim aggressively at it though, no nipping.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two large things of pvc and the rock for him to hide under. I think it was just a feeding thing. It was the first time I saw the wrasse acknowledge the blenny so I’m not too worried. He did kind of swim aggressively at it though, no nipping.
I hope it works out, that wrasse is one good looking fish!

this doggo is pretty handsome too :)

DBDD375F-743E-4FE0-803C-18D01E16480A.jpeg
A1D5D2DF-87AF-475E-8F6F-C547A395B984.jpeg
59DBA07A-DCF1-455D-8FA5-A998BE624136.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old heater core out. Didnt have to evacuate the AC like everyone said... just split the HVAC box in two instead of removing the whole thing. You can see the evaporator core still in the firewall in the first pic, and the second pic is the leak on the heater core itself. Had to clean the box too, it was full of old coolant.

20191209_185300.jpg
20191209_185345.jpg

New heater core in amd HVAC box back together... now for the dash.

20191209_195317.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back