Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank emergency! This is the lid to my calcium (Part 1). The little soft thingy that helps the cap make a seal just fell out and landed inside of some nasty dirty dishes water. Do I: put it back inside and forget about it, or is it forever unclean??!
C91E2691-9678-4944-A4BB-AF5A668147EA.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank emergency! This is the lid to my calcium (Part 1). The little soft thingy that helps the cap make a seal just fell out and landed inside of some nasty dirty dishes water. Do I: put it back inside and forget about it, or is it forever unclean??!
C91E2691-9678-4944-A4BB-AF5A668147EA.jpeg
I wouldn't risk the contamination and toss it... if concerned about evap and strength of solution change, put it in another airtight container.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I just got an Amazon smart plug for a dollar... dinner promotion on Facebook. They give you a (personal, can't share)code when you click on the link and it dropped the price from $24.99 to $.99.

Go check Facebook if you got it, I lost the link :( dang news feed refresh...

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't wrong, Turbos certainly don't care for pushing corals around because they will clean right up the base and "Stalk" of the corals depending on what they are so of they aren't 100% secure, they will get pushed over. For me the cleaning pros FAR outweigh the cons...

My turbo is an animal. Guy covers the whole tank every week.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few frags seem upset, nothing major but a little weird.

I dosed purple helix when I started this tank two months ago. I had some crazy results the first time I did it with my first “display”.

The coralline is now starting to come in pretty hard. My Dino was actually coralline growing on top of diatoms.

It’s time to start testing for calcium/alk. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to start dosing a little two part. Just ordered a hanna alk and calc checker. Wondering what I’ll find.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might also be my lights however. I run David saxby on my two hydras. It was a little too intense for my lps tank so I put the tank into acclimation mode at 65% with the final date set to April something. I think the intensity may have gone up 5% or something so they are readjusting.

I’m thinking about switching to the brs a+b or something with higher blues at a little lower intensity if anyone has any preset recommendations.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few frags seem upset, nothing major but a little weird.

I dosed purple helix when I started this tank two months ago. I had some crazy results the first time I did it with my first “display”.

The coralline is now starting to come in pretty hard. My Dino was actually coralline growing on top of diatoms.

It’s time to start testing for calcium/alk. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to start dosing a little two part. Just ordered a hanna alk and calc checker. Wondering what I’ll find.
If you haven’t been dosing, your Ca is gonna be low. But you said your salt mix is super high dkh. I’m guessing you’re at 350ish Ca and 8.7dkh. I’ve heard coraline sucks up alk like a sponge, I’m glad mine has been really slow to take off.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t been dosing, your Ca is gonna be low. But you said your salt mix is super high dkh. I’m guessing you’re at 350ish Ca and 8.7dkh. I’ve heard coraline sucks up alk like a sponge, I’m glad mine has been really slow to take off.

That’s what I’ve heard. There seems to be a lot of people these days that don’t even want coralline.

I’m cool with sticking to water changes once a week if it works but have there been cases of a small tank with only 30 or so small frags requiring dosing?

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has to be the most used thread ever I look at the random stuff you guys talk about here and there, but I've never seen the 8 gallon tank! What's in it!?! Is it magic!?! Do I need to scan almost 2000 pages to find it!?!
source.gif
I keep forgetting that because we post so much, this thread is always at the top ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful

as far as I know, there is no 8 gallon tank. it’s a myth. A legend. An ancient relic of times past. Rumor has it, @Katrina71 is the owner of a much larger tank now, and nostalgia has prevented her from changing the name of the thread! Somewhere buried deep within almost 2000 pages is the information you’re looking for. Many have searched, few have succeeded...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back