OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That makes sense to me. Only things that got change was the reefkeeper was completly removed, I swapped my h80 for h380 and switch my RO 110int to my new deltec skimmer ( and by me I mean the wife) so I'm not really sure why my temps are so high during the day unless the deltec really kicks off that much heat. Fuge is opposite schedule.
Gas heat by chance?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense to me. Only things that got change was the reefkeeper was completly removed, I swapped my h80 for h380 and switch my RO 110int to my new deltec skimmer ( and by me I mean the wife) so I'm not really sure why my temps are so high during the day unless the deltec really kicks off that much heat. Fuge is opposite schedule.
Fuge will increase O2 when lit, that H380 puts off worlds more light than the H80, so heat will be a factor also. Only slightly since its LED, but I had a H380, you can feel it. A bigger skimmer will also increase temperature and O2 but could also increase CO2. Its increasing gas exchange and if your house is tightly sealed you could introduce more CO2 to the tank by increasing the gas exchange with the skimmer. In that case, maybe a CO2 scrubber on the skimmer air inlet. pH should skyrocket after that.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are a hoot. Got to messing with the settings on my note 8, really excited to mess with it while taking aquarium photos. First photo is no settings 2 is in pro made to look how I saw it in person.
20191213_185325.jpg
20191213_185837.jpg

I had the Note 8. Good phone and takes great pics. I now have to Note 10 Plus. Very similar phone to the 8 with some added bonuses.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuge will increase O2 when lit, that H380 puts off worlds more light than the H80, so heat will be a factor also. Only slightly since its LED, but I had a H380, you can feel it. A bigger skimmer will also increase temperature and O2 but could also increase CO2. Its increasing gas exchange and if your house is tightly sealed you could introduce more CO2 to the tank by increasing the gas exchange with the skimmer. In that case, maybe a CO2 scrubber on the skimmer air inlet. pH should skyrocket after that.
Scrubber is the plan once I get home and get the skimmate locker setup. It's crazy how such seemingly small changes make such big changes. House is a 1935 craftsman bugelow so it's far from being sealed up, but I dont have an air exchanger either.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrubber is the plan once I get home and get the skimmate locker setup. It's crazy how such seemingly small changes make such big changes. House is a 1935 craftsman bugelow so it's far from being sealed up, but I dont have an air exchanger either.
You could run air line to the exterior. That may be all it takes

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Note 8. Good phone and takes great pics. I now have to Note 10 Plus. Very similar phone to the 8 with some added bonuses.
I saw the camera got a few improvements, didnt seem like enough for me to make the jump though. Does the 10 have the stupid edge screen like the 8?

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was this or the scrubber. I'll go the cheap route and send a line outside, then maybe get a scrubber if need be. As far as heat goes im guessing once the canopy goes on im going to need a fan in it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As I've recommended multiple times and will continue doing so; should you move forward on an air line to outside, please make sure to install an inline filters to grab whatever crap might be sucked in to your system.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the camera got a few improvements, didnt seem like enough for me to make the jump though. Does the 10 have the stupid edge screen like the 8?

Yes to the edge screen. One of the first things I did was turn it off. Sounds like you hate it as much as I do!

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've recommended multiple times and will continue doing so; should you move forward on an air line to outside, please make sure to install an inline filters to grab whatever crap might be sucked in to your system.
Just a simple airstone type filter or?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a simple airstone type filter or?

Not sure I understand you. I'm speaking to having the filter inline and not end of line. Although there may be "passthrough" stone filters I cannot say I've ever seen one. I would recommend an inline, passthrough carbon filter. Grainger carries them as does a company named Radwell. They're slightly pricey for such small filters but worth it.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I understand you. I'm speaking to having the filter inline and not end of line. Although there may be "passthrough" stone filters I cannot say I've ever seen one. I would recommend an inline, passthrough carbon filter. Grainger carries them as does a company named Radwell. They're slightly pricey for such small filters but worth it.
Ok that makes sense I wasnt sure if you meant one outside (mudbees in Florida) or one inline for spores, moisture, ect.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the alk checker mostly, and only rarely test for calcium. Once they are balanced I dose evenly and test off alk weekly.

It looks like a simple Red Sea or salifert test once a month is more than sufficient to spot check calc.

You weren’t kidding, the hanna calc checker is terrible. Watched the brs best of 2019 calc checkers and they disliked hanna the most.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 109 73.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back