OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is just part of it, but I'm struggling with keeping my tank. I guess most people have felt this way at some point in the beginning.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is just part of it, but I'm struggling with keeping my tank. I guess most people have felt this way at some point in the beginning.
The struggle is real! I'm struggling with mine right now too. We all know stability is key when it comes to our tanks but for some reason we love to add stuff and keep making changes. Once you get things settled down the struggle gets easier.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have.

I just went through a very....very rough patch. So bad, I wasn't coming here and posting to my thread, kinda in a do I keep moving forward mentality.
I very slowly worked through it and took a lot of the good advice from the members here and it has turned around.

It's very encouraging that you do post, ask, learn
and are proactive!

It will work out. Just go through this patiently

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe my son is right. Last night he saw I was clearly upset. He said "mom, you can't be perfect at everything" There are so many things I don't know yet.
So true. My wife knows by my attitude when I'm having issues with the tank.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I need to get back to basics. There are things I understand, and things I don't. Time to reboot. I may need some help with things I don't know. You guys probably laugh at what intimidates me. Most of you have forgotten more than I've learned.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I need to get back to basics. There are things I understand, and things I don't. Time to reboot. I may need some help with things I don't know. You guys probably laugh at what intimidates me. Most of you have forgotten more than I've learned.

You know we like a giggle, we can help.
If you can, please take the time to give us a rundown on how the tank is running, filtration, flow, light and test results of your water?
It will give us a base line as to where we are at! ;)
Pics to show flow and coral placements would help too please. :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I may have just found my issue. Return pump. The tube was almost all the way off. Only the side I can easily feel was connected. Enough to let there be a little flow, but not nearly what it should be.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back