Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check it out

Room to swim back and forth, up and down, side to side. Make sure your rock scape is a few inches off the back wall so they can hide or make big loops around the rocks. When you have space, less is more and often looks nicer. If possible a break in the rocks center, like a valley, could also be nice.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the rubbish pic, purple plus T5 just on!
From the front, the lowest point of the ramp structure up to the island rock is behind the lobo.
That cave is about 8 or 9 inches across, everyone can swim through / under / around the whole structure.
The tank is 65" long but due to the deign of the tank and the scape that is about an 8 or 9 foot swim! ;)
You will have a bigger tank in a few years anyway! :)

@najer if I found a baby Scopas...

DSC_0002 (1024x723).jpg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think ours will be somewhat of a mix of the bottom 2 pics. Andrew wants that look. An open area like a valley or lagoon between 2 clearly defined structures.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Equipment. This has been on my mind. Ground probe...DT or sump? I'm going to use 2 heaters. What else? I want a JIC pump as soon as I can. Just going through stuff in my head. The lighting concerns me not to have a plan B. It's hard to find them sold individually. I think a few days would be ok with just one.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment. This has been on my mind. Ground probe...DT or sump? I'm going to use 2 heaters. What else? I want a JIC pump as soon as I can. Just going through stuff in my head. The lighting concerns me not to have a plan B. It's hard to find them sold individually. I think a few days would be ok with just one.
I would put the ground probe in the sump.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks both, it is a small Engineer goby, only around 4 inches long, I won't risk an eel in the tank so this is the next best thing! ;)
Have you looked into the golden dwarfs? My is so docile he lets the star fish steal his food out of his mouth.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love a golden dwarf someday for Andrew.
He really is fun, I wish he would come out from his rock more often so I could see how long he's gotten. I know he's grown but just not sure how much. It's nice now, because I can tell by his body language when he's hungry. Only issue I have is that him and the serpent star share the same rock. The serpent star will steal the food out of his mouth and the eel lets him then looks at me like what the heck?

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a split on dwarf Goldens being fish safe it not. I think it depends on personality
Yeah I'm sure, I can only comment on mine. He's never showed aggression and I offer food to him often. I do feel like he might be responsible for my pistol shrimp disappearing. But I've even seen seen my chromis hanging out with him and he didn't even look at them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back