Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok peeps. While picking out more asterinas I noticed a pretty sizeable clump of bubble algae growing on my wavemaker. I'm going to pull it out and scrub it under hot water in the sink. Should I also dip it in some vinegar or peroxide or something after scrubbing it? I'd rinse it well of course. I don't want this crud spreading in my otherwise algae free tank.
0813192011d_Film1.jpg
0813192011b_Film1.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok peeps. While picking out more asterinas I noticed a pretty sizeable clump of bubble algae growing on my wavemaker. I'm going to pull it out and scrub it under hot water in the sink. Should I also dip it in some vinegar or peroxide or something after scrubbing it? I'd rinse it well of course. I don't want this crud spreading in my otherwise algae free tank.
0813192011d_Film1.jpg
0813192011b_Film1.jpg
I scrub bubble algae too. I would soak it in vinegar. Why not since it is easy to remove?

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Just wanted to double check.
FYI, some people say not to scrub it or it will spread. I had a pretty large outbreak and scrubbing it all away actually was the trick. That plus an Emerald Crab to keep it at bay. Of course, if you can do it out of the tank even better. Seems I always have a small bit of it in every tank I have ever had. I actually think it is quite pretty if it is contained.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I also dip it in some vinegar or peroxide or something after scrubbing it?
Unless the bubbles are mature and ready to pop on their own, the spores won't be viable and scrubbing won't cause it to spread. Nothing wrong with soaking in vinegar or H2O2.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, some people say not to scrub it or it will spread. I had a pretty large outbreak and scrubbing it all away actually was the trick. That plus an Emerald Crab to keep it at bay. Of course, if you can do it out of the tank even better. Seems I always have a small bit of it in every tank I have ever had. I actually think it is quite pretty if it is contained.
Agree as well

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190813_211949561.jpg
IMG_20190813_212015178.jpg

I just pulled off the covers of two of the four power heads. Flow greatly increased. My nem. Thoughts

Looks happy to me. More flow will probably help him hold tight.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back